THE ORIGINAL OAK
These water butts save the rain water off your roof:
- USING RAINWATER WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST GARDEN RESULTS FOR VEGETABLES & FLOWERS
- IT IS PREFERRED BY PETS FOR DRINKING WATER
- IT SAVES MONEY ON WATER RATES
- HARVESTING RAINWATER IS ECO FRIENDLY
The barrels come direct from the distillery:
- Each barrel is fitted with a Rain Saver to attach to your downpipe and a garden tap
- Each barrel is tested under high pressure to ensure there is no leakage.
- Because the barrel is kept intact the metal bands will stay in position for many years to come
- These barrels started their life in Portugal for Port, then to the USA for Bourbon, before coming to Ireland
- The life of a barrel is long and varied!
- Please lift the barrel up off the ground (to fit a watering can underneath and to keep it out of wet mud).
- In the summer do not let the barrel stand empty as the wood will dry out
- In winter months do not leave the barrel full as it will burst the bands if it freezes solid
If your barrel is well cared for we can guarantee it will last many more years (but we cannot guarantee that the smell of whisky will remain!).
Unfortunately the distilleries have cut back on their sale of barrels and very few are available so we cannot guarantee to have barrels in stock at all times, but for information, prices and availability please enquire here. However we do have a continuous stock of Rain Savers and Garden Taps to order online.